What Schedule Is Right For You?

 Intermittent Fasting

 

    Examples of Different Intermittent Fasting Schedules:

If you are serious about giving intermittent fasting a try, there are a few different options that you can choose from to incorporate into your daily lifestyle.

Daily Intermittent Fasting:  

The Leangains model of intermittent fasting is probably the most commonly used method of intermittent fasting and was popularized by Martin Berkhan of leangains.com  , which is where the name originated. This method focuses on a 16 hour fast followed by an 8 hour eating period.

 It doesn't matter when you start your 8 hour eating period. You can start at 9 am and stop at 5 pm. Or you can start at 3 pm and stop at 11 pm. This is all about what works best for you.  Many people like to choose times where they can have lunch and dinner with friends and family when the opportunity presents itself. Thus, breakfast seems to be a meal that many find acceptable to skip with no worries.

Intermittent Fasting 

 Because daily intermittent fasting is done a daily basis, it becomes quickly interwoven into the fabric of your daily routine. Humans are creatures of habit. And we often eat at the same time everyday without even realizing it. Daily intermittent fasting is very much the same thing. You just learn not to eat at certain times. Which over time becomes remarkably easy.

One potential problem with this method of fasting is that it can become difficult to consume the same amount of calories you were consuming when you were eating your customary three to four times a day. What this means, is that you have to teach yourself to eat bigger meals on a consistent basis. So for many people who adopt this lifestyle, they tend to lose weight. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on your goals.

 This is a great time to mention that you do not have to become fanantical about this method. Here at Diet Duties we stress the development of a mental and phsyical approach that promotes balance. Use intermittent fasting as a blueprint for 90% of your eating behavior, so that the other 10% you can do and eat to your heart's content. 

 Weekly Intermittent Fasting: 

One of the best ways to start intermittent fasting is to do it once per week or once per month. The occasional fast has been shown to have a plethora of health benefits. So even if you don't use it to cut down your calories on a consistent basis, there are still many positive effects this can have on your physical well being.

The chart below gives us an example of what a weekly intermittent fasting schedule may look like.

Intermittent Fasting 

 In this example, lunch on Monday is your last meal. You then fast until lunch on Tuesday. This schedule gives you the advantage of eating everyday of the week while still reaping the benefits of fasting for 24 hours. It's also less likely that you will lose weight since you are only cutting out two meals per week. So if you are looking to bulk up or keep weight on, then this may be the option for you.

The biggest benefit of a 24 hour fast is getting over the mental barrier of actually fasting. If you have never fasted before, successfully completing your first one helps you to realize how possible and feasible this is to incorporate in your daily life without major discomfort. 

Alternate Day Intermittent Fasting: 

Alternate day intermittent fasting incorporates longer fasting periods on alternate days throughout the week. 

For example, in the graphic below you would eat dinner on Monday night and then not eat again until Tuesday evening. On Wednesday however, you would eat all day and then start the 24 hour cycle again after dinner on Wednesday evening. This allows you to get long fast periods on a consistent basis while also eating at least one meal every day of the week.

Intermittent Fasting 

This style of intermittent fasting seems to be mostly done for research purposes and studies, and not commonly used by the every day person in the real world. The main challenge being, going so long without food on a consistent basis while maintaining the proper calorie intake to keep your weight on, if you are not trying to lose weight. However, the main benefit of alternate day intermittent fasting is that one will remain in the highly coveted fasted state for a longer period of time.

 But daily intermittent fasting and weekly intermittent fasting are still the most highly utilized methods due to their convenience and overall efficiency. 

 So now you have the tools to embark on your new journey of intermittent fasting! So experiment and see what works best for you. Your body will give you signals. Follow what your body responds best to 

Powered by IncomeActivator.com